Friday, December 18, 2009

Re: Honors History Reflection

Some of my successes as an honors student this past semester have been connected to my Honors writing. I feel that I have improved my writing as I’ve followed some of the tips (like no –ing’s, make meaning early, using an anecdote, etc.). I also feel that since I’ve been required to write and read more, I have gained more knowledge in classic (Huck Finn, The Great Gatbsy), true (In the Heart of the Sea), and interesting (Into the Wild) books. I’ve loved most of the books we’ve read, and the writing has actually gotten easier since we talk about the criteria we’ve read in class.

If I had done anything different this past semester in Honors Humanities, I would have completed Huck Finn. I felt that since I didn’t finish the book, I didn’t write to my full potential. I also feel that I should have improved my vocabulary. As an 11th grade Honors student, I think that I should have a higher sense of Vocabulary, and hopefully next semester, I can improve this.

My goals for Honors in second semester would be to expand my vocabulary, improve my transitions in my writing, and to keep perfecting my writing.

If I could choose any parts of literature and history, I would choose vocabulary, World History (maybe focusing on the Middle East and Asia), and a writing piece that focuses on a book we choose. I feel that if we are in Honors, we should have a Vocabulary workbook or something to improve our language daily. As for World History, I saw a comic book that International had read about the Middle East and the turmoil there. I think that if we expanded our horizon more, we would be informed of world issues and we would know more background information on other countries. we would know more history.

No comments: