Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1


Post links to at least two high-quality interviews.

Post a written reflection in which you describe what makes a great final product when a journalist (or group of writers, editors, etc.) create an interview that is presented in the professional world. We know an interview needs good questions... but what else makes these great? What other elements of writing are used? How does the writer create a final product that is more than a transcript of a conversation? What makes these finished, professional pieces of journalism?


Teen Vogue: Taylor Momsen

Teen Vogue: Leighton Meester

Rolling Stones: Steve Jobs

I think that a great edited interview portrays questions that really bring out the person's character. I think that they should be questions that really focus on who the person is, what they enjoy, and how they portray it. I also think that the questions should flow, one after the other. I don't feel like mine did that, and I'm a little worried about it since my mentor is such a busy guy (and since this interview is due Friday).

Other elements of writing that are crucial in an interview are taking out any "Um's and uh's." Since mine was over email, I don't think that I'll have that problem. But I don't think I will have to edit much.

A writer creates a final product that is more than a transcript by adding a little biography in the beginning of the article.

No comments: